Search This Blog

Thursday, May 30, 2013

Point Breeze

Point Breeze is a smarmy neighborhood in the East End. (I say that word affectionately) From this point on, I am being very sarcastic so hold on tight.

Some fun demographics for ya to get the ball rolling...

89.5% white
median household income $90,000 per year
50% Voted for Romney (probably)

So I'll begin by saying it was 90 degrees and I chose to wear all black (my beloved "I love bacon" T shirt). I parked my 1995 acclaim right in front of a big mansion.



It's OK, it didn't look suspicious because of all the landscaper's vehicles and there were literally dozens.

I don't think anyone was home in these large mansions, and if they were, they were probably still sleeping or having Brunch brought onto their respective verandas. In Point Breeze, Brunch happens not just on Sunday. Point Breeze is Pittsburgh's "The Hamptons." I imagine Ina Garten sauntering around a huge kitchen making snacks for her gay friends.

"Clayton" the home of Henry Clay Frick is here. (don't watch the whole video...it's pointless.

So yeah, most of the homes here are basically the same with the exception of the charming commercial district on Reynolds and Hasting St.



Point Brugge Cafe is pretty much the best restaurant in Pittsburgh in my opinion. And the Make Your Mark Coffee Shop and Art Space with its superfluous name once employed the infamous Sharon Needles; The Winner of Ru Paul's Drag Race Season 4. She also just got kicked out of Vienna for making a Nazi joke or something like that.

So anyway, city steps. Point breeze has some. I imagine they were only in use for the "help" to get to work at the many mansions.

did I mansion there are lots of mansions?



So yeah...the steps are barely worth the mention...speaking of Worth....this is worth street.



There...done.

In all seriousness, I'd be honored to live in Point Breeze. I'd also probably be very privileged from birth, not appreciate the money my family worked hard to hoard, and also be a republican asshole. No offense. But I really did see a lot of Romney Stickers.

No comments:

Post a Comment