Search This Blog

Sunday, March 25, 2012

I'm getting a bit lazy.

The other day I hiked from Polish Hill, over the Hill district, into Terrace Village, then into Oakland. I took a small break then hiked all the way back to The Southside. It was a long haul but the weather was perfect and I am on a deadline to get 20,000 steps done by the end of the week. I am 300 steps away....oh wait, I missed my deadline. Guess what? I don't care. I have mentioned before, at this juncture in the journey, it's become increasingly difficult to log steps as they are so spread out. For example: the neighborhood of Oakwood allegedly has 3 sets of steps amounting to 57 (allegedly due to the fact that I am using Bob Regan's inaccurate calculations) In the grand scheme of things, me going to Oakwood would be like picking up pennies on the street trying to make a dollar. Oakwood isn't close either! It will take me a whole day just to get out there, find the spread out sets of steps, and get home. At least there are other neighborhoods near by with steps too. I also have to hit Lincoln Place which is by far the most pointless of all Pittsburgh neighborhoods.
View My hike in a larger map In other news; the controversial North Shore Connector is opening today and as soon as I get off of work I am hopping on the trolley which stops right in front of Brew on Broadway and I am riding all the way to the Steeler's Stadium. Oh! The convenience.

No comments:

Post a Comment