Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Lincoln place

Lincoln place is south of the city bordering Munhall, Hays, and bum #*%¿ Egypt. It's not as stark as I describe it and it's damn near convenient transportation-wise. My only qualm is that it sits, completely isolated from the rest of Pittsburgh proper, in its own little world. I always lamented Lincoln Place doing my research because of how far removed it is. Its not practical for me to drive out there for its four sets of steps, when I have to go to work every day, slaving over a hot espresso machine, with no respect from anyone, and now the kids need money for summer basketball at the rec center...I mean, schools aht, I need em aht of my hair, I have a life too n'at...I list my train of thought...

Anyway, but, as I've said a million times by now, I've been pleasantly surprised. if you must live in Pittsburgh (city proper) Lincoln place is perfect. Ok, they don't have a lot, but it's a spit away from the waterfront, the Southside, and the country. The homes are modest but they all have actual YARDS! By that I mean your neighbors house isn't touching yours. There's about ten/fifteen feet betwixt yinz. Prefect for the gardener. It was quiet, peaceful, everything...

1 comment:

  1. These steps are actually taken care of. They look in good shape and are not overrun with encroaching weeds and debris. I'm impressed with this neighborhood. Someone cares.

    ReplyDelete