Search This Blog

Saturday, June 1, 2013

Upper Lawrenceville (again)



Along Route 8 by the 62nd Street Bridge, there are a few great sets of steps. They are very hard to find though.

This is Dressing Way. I like to think of it as Ranch Dressing Way. There certainly was enough greenery to make a salad.


This is the Baker St steps...mmmmm baked goods. I was very hungry during the trek today and these names didn't help.



I also found a set that I didn't know existed. It leads from Butler to Sawyer Street. It wasn't on the maps I researched but there it was, all 87 rungs and in great shape too.



Here is what else I saw.



And of course I revisited the 57th St. steps. The longest albeit half closed.




There are around half a dozen abandoned homes up along the way. Maybe if the hipsters knew they existed, they'd snatch them up and revitalize them. Oh wait, you can't get there on a fixed gear bicycle...never mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment