Search This Blog

Friday, April 26, 2013

Greenfield

Yesterday was GORGEOUS and I had the whole day off. Naturally, I went steps trekking. I decided to drag Nathan with me. We made a deal actually: I go with him to take care of his bees and sit in on a meeting with some D-bag that wanted to sell us a new register for the coffee shop and he had to come with me and help me count. It worked out in my favor actually. I loved watching him tend to the bee hives. He got a new hive with a new queen and he needed to coax the queen out of her box and into the hive so she could start he queenly duty. It was pretty neat to watch. Nate is tending 2 hives now. One for this hot dog joint called Franktuary and another hive that is his outright. As we were leaving to make our 1:30 meeting a kindly old woman named Pearl who lives right next door to the bees came out to have a chit chat. Perfect, anything that would delay our dumb meeting was more than welcome. And Pearl is an old lady and she deserves our respect so we technically have to listen to her as long as she chooses to ramble. 45 minutes later, we arrived at the shop to find the gentleman we were to meet with had to leave....damn (sarcasm) ON TO THE STEPS!

The sky was spotted with clouds and the temperature was 86. Perhaps a bit too hot but we were eager to sweat after the long winter. And sweat we did.



Greenfield is situated between Hazelwood, Squirrel Hill, and Schenley Park. the neighborhood is split into two very different sections. The Run (as it is affectionately called) lies in a creek bed at the base of the park. There are mostly older wood frame homes and most of the neighborhood is under a few bridges. This place has charm out the wazoo.

Then there is Greenfield proper which lies at the top of the hill. It is also adorable and affords some of the best views of the city I've ever seen. Unfortunately, my camera doesn't take good pictures of these views. Who wants to go take pictures with me? Only those with wide angle lenses need apply.

1 comment:

  1. hahaha well I'm glad the d-bag meeting was cut short for you :)

    ReplyDelete